Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time grant-funded administrative position of Youth Service Coordinator for Randolph County.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the Youth Services Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of an Out-of-School Fee for Services Agreement between Southwestern Illinois College and the St. Clair County Intergovernmental Grants Department (IGD) Illinois Workforce Investment Area 24) to provide Randolph County youth educational, transitional and support services. The Coordinator is responsible for program development, student recruitment, the on-going advisement and direction of participants and program record-keeping and reporting. The Coordinator works with the college, external agencies and IGD to expand and enrich educational and training opportunities for area youth. In addition, the Coordinator serves as the liaison between the department, college and the Intergovernmental Grants Department. This is a full-time, twelve month administrative position dependent upon continued grant funding.
1. A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred.
2. Previous teaching experience required. Previous teaching and/or work experience in SWIC’s adult education department preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability in communicating and working with at risk and the disadvantaged required.
4. Personal computer literacy skills required.
5. Previous administrative or supervisory experience preferred.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
$37,000 to $39,000; Primary Hours: Monday thru Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.