Sr. IT Desktop Control Analyst - CLS_1875P
Sr. IT Desktop Control Analyst
This mid-level position is responsible for the creation, management and deployment of computer images via Enterprise tools like Microsoft ECM, and JAMF. This position will be responsible for patch and update policy compliance for the campus, as well as completing general tasks like computer installations, hardware and software updates. This position provides end user support via remote tools, in person, as well as supporting faculty, staff, and students in the use of classroom technologies.
Position is primarily day shift reporting to either the Manassas or Woodbridge campus of NVCC; however, organizational requirements may demand work on evenings, nights and weekends or working at other locations.
Duties and Tasks:
- Act as campus senior lead for desktop imaging, software deployment, and system maintenance
- Use Enterprise deployment tools like Microsoft ECM or Apple JAMF to perform work tasks
- Organize campus computers in enterprise Management tools in compliance with College Computing directives
- Comply with security policy in performance of tasks
- Complete tasks within project time lines.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the tasks of junior staff in completing hardware, software deployments or system updates
- Support Windows and MAC based systems and applications
- Perform single installation or mass installation of computers in oﬃces, classrooms, or student areas using enterprise tools.
- Act as campus lead/administrator for the following desktop management applications: Microsoft ECM (Windows management), JAMF (Apple Products), Splashtop (Remote Support), LabStats (Computer Lab management).
- Responsible for organizing staff for routine checks
- and tests of equipment, and provide summary reports on performance to college administration.
- Perform in person end user support for the use of computers, software, printers, peripherals, phone, WIFI connectivity, and classroom technology.
- Maintain Campus OU active directory instance
- Perform inventory tasks and tracking of asset moves as required by college policy
- Serve as Level 2/3 escalation support point for desktop support issues on the campus
- Act as project lead for desktop life cycle management as well as software version management
- Document activities in service tracking system
- Planning and execution of desktop support tasks, supervising project task completion of junior staff, while reporting to IT Campus Leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide on-site, in person end user support
- Ability to deploy images, software, updates, and system patches
- Knowledge of a variety of computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose best solution to resolve problems
- Ability to coordinate and organize the activities of small teams
- Ability to (1) identify and assess customer needs, (2) meet those needs with quality standards for service, and (3) evaluate customer satisfaction
- College Degree in a relevant area or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience supporting computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Significant experience managing computers in active directory
- Significant experience deploying computer images
- Significant experience using Microsoft Business Applications
- Significant experience performing computer and laptop repairs
- Significant experience providing high level of end user support as a member of an IT staff
- Experience leading small groups, and coordinating action of others to complete specific tasks
- Ability to plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Competency with network tracing tools and network troubleshooting techniques
- Experience deploying computer images and software via Microsoft Endpoint Configuration manager (ECM)
- Experience Managing Computer Systems through Microsoft INTUNE
- Experience using remote desktop support tools for remote user support
- Experience using ‘Splashtop’ remote support tool
- Experience using ‘Lab Stats’ Lab Management software
- Previous work in college or education environment
- Experience working with Apple/IOS products
- Industry certifications to include Comptia or Microsoft certifications
- May be required to travel between campuses.
Position is primarily Monday to Friday 8:30 AM until 5:00 pm. Special circumstances or organizational need may require work at an alternate location, or work on evenings, over-nights, or weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Hiring Range-$63,000 - $69,000
Please apply at https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/56167 by 02/06/2023.
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) is the largest public institution of higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia and one of the largest community colleges in the nation. NOVA enrolls nearly 75,000 students on its six campuses in Alexandria, Annandale, Sterling, Manassas, Springfield, and Woodbridge, as well as through NOVA Online and high school dual enrollment programs. The College offers more than 100 affordable associate degree and certificate programs to help our students reach their academic and professional goals in some of the most in-demand careers. At NOVA, we are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive community for all students, faculty, and staff, and our diverse workforce is representative of this commitment. To this end, we encourage all applicants seeking to add value through their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and interests to consider employment opportunities with NOVA. To learn more about NOVA’s commitment to inclusive excellence, please visit our website.
NOVA offers eligible employees a benefits package that includes a comprehensive health and dental insurance program, generous paid leave, deferred compensation plans, paid parental leave, state employee discounts, and a solid and secure retirement program.
We strive to ensure our employees have the tools and development opportunities to support and promote NOVA’s mission. For more information about NOVA and its programs and services, please visit our website at www.nvcc.edu.
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review NOVA’s Annual Security Reports.
Background Check Statement Disclaimer
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.