POLICE OFFICERVillage of Shiloh
Applicants for lateral appointment to the position of Police Officer must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
· Applicant must possess a State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than eighty (80) hours of training required by that Board for recertification, if necessary. Certification by any state outside Illinois will also be accepted provided the certification will be accepted and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than eighty (80) hours of training required by that Board for recertification, if necessary. (Applicant must be a United States citizen)
· Applicant must be at least 21 years old
· Applicant must have an educational level of at minimum an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice (or related field) from an accredited program, or have completed 60 hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited College or University.
· Applicant must have at least two (2) years of experience as a sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal or state police department within the last three (3) years
· Applicant must have a valid driver’s license
· Applicant must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements.
· Applicant must have the ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following: a resume; professional license; training certifications; documents confirming work experience; a birth certificate; high school diploma or GED certificate; transcripts of higher education; military service board and discharge papers (DD-214); employee evaluations; and any other employment related material as requested or required.
· Each phase of the process is pass / fail and required to proceed to the next.
· Examination with the Board of Police Commission
· Character and background investigation and credit check
· Post-offer examinations including, but not limited to: psychological evaluation; medical examination; vision screening; drug screening; and polygraph.
· All appointments are subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months.
Lateral Entry Eligibility List:
An initial lateral entry eligibility list will be created from qualified applicants that submit the required application materials. Applications will be accepted from January 22, 2018 to February 16, 2018 at 4:00PM. Placement on any lateral entry eligibility list shall be based upon the relative excellence of the applicants.
In the event that pre-screening identifies applicants who have certain knowledge, skills and abilities that make those applicants more desirable for the position sought to be filled, the Village of Shiloh Police Department may interview those applicants only for consideration.
Credible Service Time:
Credible service time with regard to the police pension system is controlled by law, specifically but not limited to the portability clause of Article 3 of the Illinois Pension Code, and requires the candidate to pay the “true cost” for the transfer of service time, which is actuarially determined, into the pension system.
For an application please contact the Shiloh Police Department at (618) 632-9047 ext. 1 or email at ShilohPD@Shilohil.org.