Technology Support Analyst
Technology Support Analyst
Position Number: 20045386
Vacancy ID: P015114
Department: Enrollment Management-540500Admissions - 541000
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1
Full Time/Part Time Permanent/Time Limited: Full-Time Permanent
If time-limited, estimated duration of appointment:
Hours Per Week: 40
Monday – Friday; 8 am – 5 pm
This position includes flexibility for a hybrid work schedule.
Job Code ID: Technology Support Analyst - Journey
Salary Shown to Applicants (Hiring Range): $58,000 - $66,000
Salary Grade Equivalency: IT03
FLSA Designation: Nonexempt
Duties Exempt: No
The offices within the Enrollment Division (Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of Scholarships and Student Aid (OSSA), the Office of the University Registrar, and the Carolina College Advising Corps) focus on increasing the enrollment of outstanding students from North Carolina and beyond, including students who strengthen diversity; meeting the full demonstrated financial need of all undergraduate students who qualify for federal aid; maintaining the integrity of the student record and academic and administrative processes; supporting student success; and providing great care to all who come our way. The work of the Enrollment Division is closely scrutinized by students and their families; by faculty, staff, students, and alumni; by secondary-school teachers and administrators; by lawmakers at the local, state, and national level; and by the media.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill seeks a collaborative professional to serve as an Enrollment Systems Technology Support Analyst for the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid (OSSA) The offices within the Enrollment Division (Office of Undergraduate Admissions, OSSA, the Office of the University Registrar, and the Carolina College Advising Corps) focus on increasing the enrollment of outstanding and diverse students from North Carolina and beyond, meeting the full demonstrated financial need of all undergraduate students who qualify for federal aid; maintaining the integrity of the student record and academic and administrative processes; supporting student success; and providing great care to all who come our way.
Reporting to the IT Director for Enrollment Systems, this professional will plan, implement, and provide technology oversight for the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid and manage the relationship between the business and the users. The position will also be responsible for following industry trends to recommend, provide, and sustain technology services that enhance business operations. The Enrollment Systems Technology Support Analyst will oversee the customer portfolio of application/service requests to solve issues related to hardware and software, security patches, software installation, in-house and external repairs management for OSSA’s IT equipment (desktops, laptops, printers, handheld devices, etc.).
As part of the Enrollment Systems team, the position will collaborate with other analysts to review customer requirements, create test cases, execute testing plans, and test applications/services developed against the test cases to ensure there are no bugs, requirements are met, and applications/services function properly. The position will also collaborate with staff and the IT Director to identify hardware and software needs in OSSA, provide training to staff in the use of various hardware and software, and perform other technology-related duties necessary to maintain the operation of the office.
In addition, the Technology Support Analyst will participate in ongoing efforts to increase the functional efficiencies in the office with minimal direction. The position must maintain a good working knowledge of the functional aspects of the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid to continually research and assess technology-related needs and the available products to meet the needs to carry out the duties of the position.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Knowledge to deploy, configure, secure, manage, and monitor devices and client applications in an enterprise environment.
* Understanding/knowledge of Active Directory and System Center Configuration Management
* Experience supporting Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android OS.
* Demonstrated advanced problem-solving abilities.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to provide effective staff support.
* Experience providing remote technical support.
* Experience working in a team environment that supports multiple software packages.
* Experience working with Microsoft 365 Applications and Management.
* Equipment life cycle management.
* Knowledge of ServiceNow, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Cloud is desired.
* Experience with PeopleSoft and Technolutions Slate is highly preferred.
* Experience testing software applications developed internally or externally.
* Experience creating test plans for deploying hardware/software.
Qualifications and Experience:
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level required an additional one year of experience
- Advanced level required an additional two years of experience.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements:
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/229150
Department Contact Name and Title: Missy Pyecha, HR Consultant
Department Contact Telephone or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Open Date: 05/09/2022
Posting Close Date: 05/23/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Office of Human Resources Contact Information: If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity office at (919) 966-3576 or send an email to email@example.com.