Budget Support Specialist
Budget Support Specialist
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Budget Support Specialist for the Academic Affairs. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Purpose of the Position: As a Budget Support Specialist in the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA), this position serves as a budget support team member with duties primarily related to general operating and personnel budget management, report analysis, and related compliance. This budget support role provides policy and procedure inquiry and technical support to department heads and their business teams across the division of Academic Affairs to foster business administration proficiency and service continuity among a highly distributed campus workforce. OAA Budget team members help ensure timely, accurate business administration services for OAA and within and across various levels of business teams in the division’s colleges and service units as staff responsible for the daily oversight and management of an all-funds, multi-year budgeting approach. This position provides internal guidance and training to subordinate members of OAA and is a direct report to the Assistant Budget Director, AABP.
Salary: $47,539 - $52,000
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or Associate’s degree in accounting; or Associate’s degree in business or related discipline with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifies, recognizes, and resolves problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Handles the overly complex distribution of funds to colleges, departments, and individual faculty that are necessary to accomplish the unit’s strategic goals, coordinating with the varying policies in those units.
- Trains staff in the college who help with financial procedures and policies (spending rates for Academic Affairs KPI rates, fiscal year deadlines, fund balances) and oversee their work.
- Accountable for financial transactions and practices within assigned scope of responsibility. Compiles and summarizes financial data to participate in budget analysis and forecasting.
- Duties include financial management, personnel management, purchasing, financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Experience as a lead in a business support role with extensive knowledge in financial and human resources management.
- Advanced/Intermediate MS Excel, Budget Management (Data Entry, Transaction Tracking, Reconciliation).
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #001291. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.