Program Manager, Entrepreneurship Center
Program Manager, Entrepreneurship Center
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire, and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
Summary of Position
Under administrative direction of the Executive Director, to be responsible for coordination, design development, implementation, promotion, delivery, and evaluation of a diverse portfolio of co-curricular programs, experiential learning opportunities, and events for the benefit of UNH students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors.
Primary Program Management of Many of Alumni Donor-Funded ECenter Signature Programs:
- Primary manager for the ECenter Hackathon Programs. This includes creation, design, and identifying and working with on-campus and off-campus partners, facilitating necessary training for participants, running and managing the Hackathons (Two/year)
- Lead manager of the $24,000 Paid Student Internships at Start-Ups Program, $35,000 i2 Passport Program, and others. This includes updating, planning, executing, and evaluating all programs while working with internal and external stakeholders and Associate Program Manager and Program Support Assistant . Reporting program outcomes back to alumni donors via Executive Director.
- Data Lead: Collect, analyze, and utilize data to update programmatic offerings and/or create and implement new programs that respond to the needs of business, experiential learning, industry, and organizations.
- Manage the Makerspace at the ECenter, supervising student volunteers, procuring equipment, and coordinating with the student board of directors.
- Requires management and scheduling of ECenter staff at all weekend and evening ECenter programs, including shared responsibility as well
- Work with the Executive Director and Associate Program Manager and Program Support Assistant developing new donor funded programs.
- Develop and implement ECenter communications strategy in close collaboration with the Executive Director. Coordinating execution with the Associate Program Manager.
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of content and marketing for the ECenter’s website and bi-monthly newsletter. Contribute to the annual report publication and other marketing materials with the Associate Program Manager.
- Serve as liaison between the ECenter and internal and external organizations.
- Detailed Proof Reader and editor of all materials
Financial and Administrative:
- Oversee the fiscal, operational, and administrative aspects for the ECenter working with the Program Support Assistant. Ensure adherence to and tracking of the internal ECenter FY budgets.
- Co-Manage and Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise up to five student workers and/or interns who assist with all aspects of the operation and outreach of the ECenter.
- Act on behalf of ECenter when the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Represent ECenter at off-campus events when the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Represent ECenter on campus committees and work groups as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Acceptable Minimum Level of Education
- Bachelor's degree
Acceptable Minimum Years of Experience
- 3-5 years
Additional Job Information
UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption. You may not test out of this requirement.
Other Minimum Qualifications
- Experience managing academic and/or co-curricular programs in a college/university work environment or Innovation environment (academic/non-profit/business)
- Direct responsibility for event planning. Proven experience required
- Graphic design, marketing and/or communication skills and experience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Database management skills, and ability to master new software
- Data Analytics experience. Capture and analyze program data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, presentation software, and social media
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Expertise in design and delivery of entrepreneurial/innovation programs a plus
- Experience in developing, managing, and evaluating new programs
- Grant writing skills
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with college students
- Experience with Salesforce, Drupal, InDesign and Wordpress
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Applicants must apply https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/48899
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.