Staff NursesUniversity of Iowa Health Care
The Department of Radiology, is seeking Staff Nurses to assess patients' nursing care needs, evaluate the effectiveness of care provided, and integrate nursing theory and research into clinical practice. Provide leadership to members of the nursing team to maintain patient care standards. Working schedule: 90% percent effort - three 12-Hour shifts 9:00 AM – 21:30 primarily (Mondays-Fridays), the possibility of weekend coverage as needed to cover vacations, will participate in holiday rotation and on-call rotation.
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Provide pre, intra- and post procedure nursing care (assessment, monitoring, intervention and education) related to diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Assist in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples.
- Procedural sedation including administering medication, patient monitoring, patient transport, recovery, provide patient and family education training, and patient follow up information.
- Prepare daily patient workup for next day scheduled patients.
- Accurately complete, document, and file required daily/nightly/monthly equipment checks and audits.
- Is a resource for the other modalities within Radiology as needed.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response/education.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into a multidisciplinary patient care plan.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required of individuals performing this job. Applicable background checks will be conducted.
About the Department of Radiology:
The Radiology Department includes thirty-seven staff physicians and over 200 imaging technologists and other healthcare providers. We offer excellence in patient care, education and research. Equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and expert providers, our department provides comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to patients both within the State of Iowa and surrounding areas.
For more information, please see: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/radiology/.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®