Tenure-Track Faculty, Cardiovascular Disease
Position: Tenure-track faculty with expertise in cardiovascular disease.
Position Type: Assistant Professor or higher (tenure-track)
Overview: This UConn Health faculty member will have their joint appointment in the Department of Medicine and Calhoun Cardiology Center in the School of Medicine. They may have membership in a second department such as Genetics and Genome Sciences, Cell Biology, Immunology or Molecular Biology and Biophysics.
Goals and Objectives: The cardiovascular disease faculty member will perform independent research in areas that intersect with faculty members in the department such as but not exclusive to heart failure, arrhythmia, cardiovascular immunology, cardiovascular regeneration, or human/functional cardiovascular genetics.
The research can be conducted collaboratively, independently, or both. The faculty member is encouraged to collaborate with other departments at UConn Health, UConn Storrs campus, and The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine.
- M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or Ph.D. degree(s)
- Ph.D. in physiology, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, computational biology, or a closely related field;
- If M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. and clinically active, board certification or eligibility in cardiovascular medicine is required
- Publication record and demonstrated success and/or potential to obtain extramural funding support;
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams;
- Potential to develop new areas of expertise and research.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should apply at https://jobs.uchc.edu/CSS_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp, search code 2016-791. Review of applications will commence immediately and will conclude once a candidate is hired. Applicants are asked to submit a 1-page cover letter; curriculum vitae; statement of research accomplishments; and names with contact information for three references. In the research statement, please include a summary of prior or current collaborations, and any work advancing or supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Questions regarding this search should be directed to J. Travis Hinson, M.D., UConn Health, email@example.com
UConn Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/PwD