$2,000 signing bonus + $2.20 Shift Differential
Works as part of a team responsible for setup up and operation of manual, CNC and special machines in a job-shop, engineer-to-order environment. Set up and operation utilizes standard shop practices to machine parts and assemblies in the manner prescribed on process sheets and to dimensions specified on drawings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in a safe manner in compliance with operations manuals and regulations as appropriate. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, specifications, and manuals to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Reads and interprets programs written in Mazatrol and or G&M code to verify proper sequence of operations and establish target dimensions.
- Sets up and operates many different machinery types and brands including:
- CNC Lathes with Live Tooling - Mazak and Doosan
- CNC Vertical Mills - Mazak
- CNC Horizonal Mills - Doosan and Haas
- Manual engine lathes, Bridgeport mils, and radial drills
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines. Performs set-up in job shop environment.
- Performs practical problem solving of machining issues regarding process and or programming on the fly.
- Utilizes jib and overhead cranes to load parts into machines and fixtures.
- Drives forklift safely and efficiently to transport material to and from machine as needed.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining variables such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve input, or edit computerized machine controls.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specification to assure quality using conventional machine shop measurement tools (tape measure, scale, calipers, inside and outside micrometers, depth gauges, etc)
- Maintains acceptable levels of production against standards.
- Completes all necessary production, process, attendance, and quality records as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills / Experience / Education
- Prior experience in a machine shop. 3 to 5 years Preferred AND/OR
- Trade school certificate from college or technical school in Precision Machining or Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Current students in a program are encouraged to apply
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Requires understanding and practical application of basic trigonometry functions.
Reasoning Ability: Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.