Cemetery SuperintendentSt. John's Cemetery
St. John’s Cemetery is currently seeking a Cemetery Superintendent for a 35 plus acre cemetery located in Collinsville, IL. With a 100+ year history of serving our community, St. John’s currently conducts 75-100 burials per year.
As the superintendent, this job will require someone who can layout grave spaces, read plats and surveys, set markers and monuments, operate heavy equipment, prepare setups, sell graves, prepare deeds for graves, and prepare monthly reports for the Cemetery Association meetings .
This position requires good people communication skills, scheduling skills, dealing with the public, and availability to work weekends. This superintendent will need to communicate with (a) co-workers, (b) vendors, (c) funeral directors, (d) the families that we serve.
- Ensures that sites are prepared for services in accordance with cemetery standards
- Ensures that interments are in compliance with rules and regulations
- Coordinates interments with funeral directors and family of the deceased
- Oversees and assists with the cemetery operation and maintenance of the grounds
- Maintains the inventory of equipment and supplies for grounds keeping
- Ensures that all equipment is cleaned and properly maintained
- Performs administrative duties related to grave sales, cemetery records, and burial registration
- Helps families visiting the cemetery grounds
- Supervises one full-time groundskeeper and a part-time seasonal groundskeeper
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Related to level of experience
Benefit Package: Includes paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and health plan.
Experience: At least 3 years of related experience.
License: Valid Driver’s License required
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or St. John’s Cemetery, 105 National Terrace, Collinsville, IL 62234 by September 15, 2018.