Systems Analyst/Programmer.Southwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Systems Analyst/Programmer.
In Accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, responsibilities include development and maintenance of institutional Internet, intranet and extranet Web sites, applications, and services. Responsibilities also include integration of third party Web products and applications into institutional applications and Web systems. Systems analysis, Web development and design, and application development are an integral part of the job. Position works closely with Executive Director of IT to integrate and grow institutional administrative systems with Web technology. Also works closely with the Security/Web Manager and Web Department staff on application and content development. Will work closely with public relations office and functional areas to design and deliver solutions that represent the needs of the customers in an institutional format that supports functional area needs and changes. Will work with the Director of Network Services and the Network Operations Center Managers to configure and maintain servers and systems to connect to the network with appropriate security, and to provide the Network Operations Center Managers with appropriate documentation to test, monitor and service Web servers and applications.
1. Bachelor’s degree in area related to IT or equivalent work experience as approved by the Executive Director IT is required.
2. Minimum three year of related work experience is required.
3. Web development experience using HTML, XML, and CSS preferred.
4. Strong SQL knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
5. Knowledge and experience using JSP/Servlet containers preferred.
6. Knowledge and experience using C# desirable.
7. Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
8. Knowledge and experience with Web serviced development and architecture.
9. Good analytical and diagnostic skills.
10. Very detail-oriented and accurate.
11. Good ability to describe a problem clearly and succinctly.
12. Very interested in qualify improvement and production efficiencies.
13. Committed to continual improvement.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
Grade 3 on the Administrative Salary Scale, ranging from $51,164 to $68,638 per year
Belleville Campus with duties district wide.
This position will remain open until filled. iVsit our website at https://www.swic.edu/about/
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator