Student Development Specialist (Grant-funded)Southwestern Illinois College
Student Development Specialist (Grant-funded)
To apply, visit our website at https://www.swic.edu/about/
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Student Development Specialist for the TRIO Student Support Services program.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this position will ensure that direct academic needs of all participants are met. The Student Development Specialist coordinates mentoring and enrichment services. S/he promotes and recruits participants for the program, assists students in academic success, provides personal development workshops and maintains relationships with referring agencies. Develops and monitors the Personal Success Plan (PSP) for each caseload participant. This position is contingent on continued grant funding.
1. Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, Student Development or related field required
2. Experience with mentoring or enrichment programs and knowledge of social support agencies preferred.
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills required.
4. Strong organizational skills required.
5. Experience with disadvantaged or disabled students preferred.
6. Experience with federally funded TRIO programs preferred.
7. Knowledge of computer applications, software packages and the internet required.
8. Background similar to the target population preferred.
$35,000.00 per year.
Sam Wolf Granite City Campus
4:00 p.m., June 1, 2018
You must provide a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator