PUBLIC SAFETY SUPERVISOR-SWGCCSouthwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Public Safety Supervisor - Sam Wolf Granite City Campus.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this is a full-time uniformed or non-uniformed commissioned police officer position reporting to the Director of Public Safety. On call for investigations, special assignments, staff shortages, and other emergencies; work week hours may vary based on the need of the department and may be assigned to other college locations. Evaluates the safety, security and law enforcement needs of the Sam Wolf Granite City Campus and implements educational and preventive programs and emergency preparedness procedures. Conducts, coordinates, schedules and monitors day-to-day campus operations for Public Safety programs. Maintains liaison with the appropriate personnel of county, municipal, and state law enforcement agencies. Coordinates with the Law Enforcement Agency Data System (LEADS)/IWIN coordinator and assists in coordination, publication and dissemination of materials and procedures in accordance with the Illinois Uniformed Crime Report. Exercises arrest powers in accordance with ILCS 720 and Criminal Code of 1961. Applicant appointed pursuant to Chapter 110/ Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS), Act 805, Public Community College Act and 50 ILCS, Act 705, Illinois Police Training Act. Enforces the Student Rights and Conduct Code and criminal laws in accordance with Illinois Compiled statutes. Properly collects, controls, and in conjunction with the Director of Public Safety, or designee, makes disposition of all evidence. Incumbent must maintain certification in firearms, LEADS/IWINS, ICS/NIMS as applicable for the position, as well as specialized training to meet the needs of the departments’ mission. The position is also a Campus Security Authority under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, as amended and serves as an assistant Clery Compliance Officer. Position is subject to background check and drug testing, initially upon hire and randomly thereafter.
1. Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice Administration, safety, security, or a directly related discipline is required; Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Six years of experience in law enforcement with a minimum of three years managerial supervisory responsibilities in the field is required; in a college campus setting, is preferred.
3. Illinois Police Training Board Certification is required within 6 months of appointment unless waived in accordance with ILCS 50, Act 705/8.1, Illinois Police Act.
4. Must be at least 21 years of age, a U.S. citizen, no record or criminal convictions of a felony or crime of moral turpitude; or convictions of other offenses specified in 50 ILCS 705, and possess and maintain a Firearms Owner Identification Card (FOID).
5. Successful submit and pass a psychological evaluation and, medical examination, oral interview, and in-depth character background check to include fingerprints.
6. Certified in Incident Command System and/or National Incident Management System (100/200/300/400/700/800) and other professional certifications in law enforcement, security, safety or other public safety functions is desirable.
7. Possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a good driver’s record with the Illinois Secretary of State Office or other states.
8. Instructor Certification in specialized Law Enforcement duties is desirable.
9. Must have working knowledge of computer systems and software programs (such as PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Word and other law enforcement record management systems).
$50,000 to $54,000 a year
Sam Wolf Granite City Campus
This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin July 12, 2018
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator