MEDICAL ASSISTANT COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track position of Coordinator/Instructor in the Medical Assistant degree program within the Business, Health Sciences & Homeland Security division. The anticipated start date is November 16, 2021.
The successful applicant will serve as the program coordinator and instructor in the Medical Assistant program. As coordinator, the individual will be responsible for the organization, administration, periodic review, continued development, and overall effectiveness of the educational program throughout the district. As an instructor, the individual will teach Medical Assistant courses in both the traditional and computerized environment. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with Medical Assistant faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in the programs. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental, divisional, and/or college-wide committees.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with a minimum of three (3) years professional experience in a healthcare facility.
- Associate’s degree in a professionally related area. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in Medical Assistant program.
- Qualified through education and/or experience to assure proficiency in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Curriculum design
- Program administration/evaluation
- Instructional methodology
- Testing and evaluation
- Educational psychology
- Must meet and continue to maintain the professional standards established by the program’s accrediting agencies.
- Background in administrative activities including staffing, long-range planning, quality assessment/performance improvement, and evaluation of staff, preferred.
- Experience in accreditation activities, preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers, applicable software, and Internet required.
- Shall meet the minimum standards of instruction established by the Administration and the Board of Trustees for any assigned courses.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
This is a nine-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2021-2022 starting salary at Step 1 on the Below Master’s degree scale is $48,011. The actual starting salary is determined by educational attainment level and experience. Additional compensation will be provided for required summer coordinator duties. Optional overload and summer teaching assignments may be available, which can increase the annual compensation. The college offers a comprehensive flexible benefits program.
Medical Assistant instructional responsibilities at the Belleville campus with district-wide coordination responsibilities. Driving may be required to reach off-campus sites, visit clinical facilities throughout the region and to attend professional functions within the state of Illinois.
This position will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, lis of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator