MAINTENANCE WORKERSouthwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College is extending the search for a full-time Maintenance Worker. Those who previously applied are still under consideration. This position is covered under the agreement between the College and Service Employees Union Local #116.
This is a full-time position assigned a 40 hour schedule each week. The work involves repairing school furnishings, fixtures and equipment; servicing all mechanical HVAC units including the cooling, heating, ventilation and refrigeration equipment; making minor adjustments on controls as needed; implementing the established preventive maintenance program and making repairs as needed on electric motors, fans and compressors; moving wall partitions; repairing sidewalks and replacing glass as needed; and performing other related duties as assigned. Personnel are required to exercise problem-solving skills in diagnosing and resolving a wide range of maintenance and mechanical problems. The work is performed in accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College.
1. Functional reading and basic math skills as evidenced by a High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
2. Technical school or vocational training strongly preferred.
3. A minimum of two years of relevant work experience is required.
4. Must possess Refrigeration Certificate Levels I and II licenses or be successful in attaining such licenses within a reasonable period after initial employment.
5. Maintenance workers must be able to satisfactorily perform the assigned duties. Work experience is strongly preferred in three or more of the following areas:
- Honeywell Delta 1000 computer systems
- Trane Tracer Computers
- Centrifugal Chillers
- Air Handling Equipment
- Roof Top Units
- Low Pressure Boilers
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
The starting salary for this position is $26.00/hour as determined according to the provisions of the agreement between the College and the Union
Tuesday - Saturday 2:30 P.M. - 10:30 P.M. Work schedule is subject to change based on provisions in the collective bargaining agreement.
This position will remain open until filled.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Apply online a https://www.swic.edu/about/human-resources/employment-at-swic/
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator