Industrial Electricity/Electronics Technology InstructorSouthwestern Illinois College
Industrial Electricity/Electronics Technology Instructor
Southwestern Illinois College, a community college offering both transfer and occupational degrees, is accepting applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position in the Electrical/Electronics Technology Program within the Technical Education Division. The start date is Monday, August 13, 2018. Review of applications will begin May 16, 2018.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the successful applicant will serve as an instructor in the Electrical/Electronics Technology Program. Duties will include developing curriculum, teaching and maintaining lecture and laboratory courses in both a traditional and computer-aided environment within the Electrical/Electronics Technology curriculum. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with other faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in the program. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental/divisional and/or college-wide committees.
- 5 years working experience in manufacturing / production environment
- Proficiency and practical knowledge of the following:
- Rockwell ControLogix 5000 software
- RSView / Factory Talk Graphics Software
- CompacLogix Hardware
- Kinetix 6000 Servo Drives
- PowerFlex Drives 40, 70, 525
- Proficiency in Rosemount (MicroMotion, Guided Wave Radar, Temperature and Pressure Instrumentation)
- Proficiency in the use of Hart-475 and Trex calibrators
- Knowledge and practical application of NEC Code Book and Industrial Wiring Techniques
- Proficient in teaching D.C., A.C., Digital, Ladder Logic and Motor Controls
- Prefer applicant to have knowledge and experience in Mechanical Systems and Welding
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers and experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Two years of teaching experience or corporate training is strongly preferred.
- Minimum instructor requirements as established by the Board of Trustees, the Dean, and VP of Instruction for all assigned courses must be met.
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and advising skills is preferred.
- Experience in outcomes assessment or a quality assurance program is preferred.
- Experience in working with diverse student populations is preferred.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
The salary for this position determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2018-2019 starting base salary at Step 1 on the Below Master's Degree column is $46,599. The actual salary is determined by educational level and placement on the appropriate salary schedule and any courses taught beyond the regular load. The college offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.
Sam Wolf Granite City and Belleville Campuses
This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin on May 16, 2018.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references, college transcripts and copies of any degrees and certificates. Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter, references, and copies of any degrees or certificates should be uploaded with your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be sent after your application has been submitted.
Visit our website to apply:
Southwestern Illinois College
Human Resources Office
2500 Carlyle Avenue • Belleville, IL 62221
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator