English SpecialistSouthwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the SWIC Educational Employee part-time position of English Specialist.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this individual will report to the Associate Dean of Success Programs. Responsibilities include overseeing and providing reading and writing tutoring services in the Success Center. At the Belleville Campus, this person will be one of the managers of the Online Writing Lab (OWL). This person will function as one of the professionals in charge of the English resources for the Success Center and act as a liaison between the Success Centers and the English department. This individual will provide evening and Saturday supervision of the Success Center as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Writing, Reading, or related field required, Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of developmental English theory, practices, and assessment techniques required.
- Writing Center theory, practice, and experience preferred.
- Experience teaching developmental English preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications, software packages, and the Internet required.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
$24.86 per hours, up to 28 hours per week.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application review will begin on November 26, 2018.
Cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts are required.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted.
For full details and how to apply, visit our website at https://www.swic.edu/about/
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator