Director of Grant Development.Southwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Director of Grant Development.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this full time position serves college faculty and staff in an administrative capacity for the planning, development, monitoring and writing of grants that secure funding from external sources to advance the goals of the College.
- Develops, coordinates, assists with and writes grant proposals for all SWIC campuses, programs and institutional initiatives.
- Implements a comprehensive administrative plan to initiate federal, state, and private grant proposals, facilitate the development of grant proposals by faculty and other staff.
- Reviews policy on grants and recommends strategies that will encourage initiative and collaboration on grants development and that sustain a high level of grant-funded institutional activity.
- Closely examines practices that impact grants procurement and recommends needed improvements.
- Assists grant applicants with obtaining necessary internal clearances and permissions for authorized proposals, such as agreements on matching funds and letters of support from college administrators.
- Coordinates organizational meetings with faculty and staff to discuss guidelines, generate ideas, design projects, and write proposals.
- Develops outlines, timelines, identifies staffing needs, budgets, and college templates for grant proposals according to funding guidelines.
- May act as a liaison with federal, state, and local program officers as needed to obtain funding information and discuss project priorities and interests.
- Master's degree is required.
- Five years experience in public or private grant writing.
- A demonstrated, proven record in federal and state grants in institutions of higher education preferred (writing samples required with application, prior to interview).
- Proficiency with computers and relevant software is essential.
- Experience in grants administration preferred.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
$82,232 to $108,846
Belleville Campus with duties district wide.
This position will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references, college transcripts and writing samples; visit our website at https://www.swic.edu/about/
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator