Dean of the Mathematics & Science DivisionSouthwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Dean of the Mathematics & Science Division. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2019, with consideration given to the selected candidate’s availability.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the Dean of the Mathematics & Science Division is responsible for assisting and enabling both faculty and staff in maintaining and strengthening the instructional program. The dean will facilitate the development, planning, organization, and administration of the division which currently includes the baccalaureate transfer areas of agriculture, biology, chemistry, earth science, exercise science, mathematics, physics, physical education, health/safety education, engineering, computer science and several horticultural AAS degree and/or certificate programs. The dean will also serve as the college transfer coordinator.
The dean, as a member of the instructional leadership, may be assigned additional liaison responsibilities related to such functions as faculty development, faculty technology, outcomes assessment, academic advising, strategic planning and/or adjunct faculty relations.
This positions reports directly to the vice president for instruction.
- An earned Master's degree in a curriculum discipline, education, administration, or other closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Postsecondary teaching experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience as an administrator, department chair, program coordinator, supervisor, teacher, or comparable experience in education, business, or industry, with preference given to community college experience.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and quality improvement programs preferred.
- Successful experience in staffing, evaluation and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience with learning outcomes assessment systems.
- Demonstrated experience with program-level review and/or accreditation preferred.
Grade 9 on the Administrative Salary Scale, ranging from $95,674 to $114,665.
Belleville campus with district-wide responsibilities.
The position will remain open until filled. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on April 15, 2019.
To apply, visit our website at
You must provide the SWIC application, cover letter, resume, list of three references, and official college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator