College Inclusion Ambassador Coordinator
Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time, administrative position of College Inclusion Ambassador Coordinator.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this administrative position is responsible for implementing and coordinating initiatives to promote positive relations and practices for an inclusive environment. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining specific knowledge about best practices and thus liaising with other professional when appropriate to promote a safe and welcoming environment. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining both internal and external partnerships, through a highly visible role, that champions Southwestern Illinois College Mission and Core Values through active engagement in positive inclusion and diversity initiatives. The coordinator will lead a group of College Inclusion Ambassadors across the district and be responsible for development of analysis to identify individuals at risk of exclusion and ways to pre-empt problems. The College Inclusion Ambassador Coordinator may be assigned to locations within the district dependent upon needs of serving the District. This is a full-time, administrative position.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline is preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Ability to assimilate extensive knowledge of academic programs, policies and requirement and communicate that information to students.
- Ability to relate well and establish rapport with students, administrators, other academic advisors and counselors, teaching faculty, parents and community.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
Grade 2 on Administrative Salary Scale, ranging $44,675 to $51,310.
District wide responsibilities.
Position will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications (SWIC.EDU/EMPLOYMENT) page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator