Southwestern Illinois College, a community college offering both transfer and occupational degrees, is accepting applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program within the Technical Education Division. The start date is dependent upon the availability of the candidates and the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program calendar. The anticipated start date is June 1, 2018.
In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the successful applicant will serve as an instructor in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program. Duties will include developing, teaching and maintaining lecture and laboratory courses in both a traditional and computer-aided environment within the Airframe and Powerplant curriculum. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with other Aviation Maintenance Technology faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in the program. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental/divisional and/or college-wide committees.
1. An F.A.A. Airframe & Powerplant License from an approved PART 147 school is required.
2. A Bachelor of Science Degree is required.
3. A valid driver's license is required.
4. Three years of general aviation, air transportation, or military experience as a full-time paid airframe and powerplant mechanic is required.
5. Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers and experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
6. Two years of teaching experience or corporate training is strongly preferred.
7. Minimum instructor requirements as established by the Board of Trustees and the F.A.A. for all assigned courses must be met.
8. Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and advising skills is preferred.
9. Experience in outcomes assessment or a quality assurance program is preferred.
10. Experience in working with diverse student populations is preferred.
STARTING PAY AND HOURS
This is a twelve-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule and an adjustment for the twelve-month schedule. For example, the minimum 2017-2018 starting salary at Step 1 on the Below Master's Degree column is $68,284.24. The actual salary is determined by educational level and placement on the appropriate salary schedule. The college offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.