Assistant ControllerSouthwestern Illinois College
Job ID 2263
ANNOUNCEMENT: Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Assistant Controller.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this position assists the Controller with the management and maintenance of effective accounting, cash management and financial reporting systems for all funds under the control of the district. Responsible for a range of accounting and financial management duties on a district-wide basis. The work involves supervisory responsibilities of the Accountants, Accounts Payable, and Accounting Technicians. Requires the use of professional judgment in the application of accounting practices.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required. Professional training in accounting/business practices is strongly preferred.
2. Certified Public Accountant credentials, master’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent community college experience required.
3. Supervisory/management experience preferred.
4. Proven effective communication skills required.
5. Experience with PC-based accounting systems and spreadsheet/database application required. PeopleSoft finance experience preferred.
6. Community college or higher education experience preferred.
7. Experience with or knowledge of governmental or fund accounting preferred.
8. Must pass criminal background screening.
WORK LOCATION: Belleville Campus
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position will remain open until filled.
College transcripts are required.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.