ACCOUNTANTSouthwestern Illinois College
Southwestern Illinois College has extended the search for the full-time administrative position of Accountant. Previous applicants are still under consideration.
In accordance with Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, this is work requiring the application of generally accepted accounting principles in a government entity (GASB) including, but not limited to, governmental accounting and financial reporting standards, Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) Fiscal Management Manual, National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO), statutes of the State of Illinois, and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
2. Three or more years of work experience in accounting required, including experience in areas such as general ledger, fund accounting, budget, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or payroll accounting.
3. CPA or equivalent preferred.
4. Proven effective communication skills preferred, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and interact effectively with faculty, staff and students.
5. Community college, higher educational institution or governmental entity experience preferred.
6. Knowledge of construction accounting preferred.
7. Knowledge of and proficiency with relevant computer software (such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Word) preferred.
8. Knowledge of and proficiency with PeopleSoft Enterprises Software (or other equivalent software) preferred.
To apply, visit our website at https://www.swic.edu/about/
This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin March 19, 2018.