Working at Smith.ai allows you to earn income and grow your career from the comfort and convenience of your home, all while helping small businesses thrive. Work remotely, yet closely, with a team of receptionists operating around the country to answer calls and web chats on behalf of businesses. We promote a fun and productive work environment that is challenging, varied, and highly rewarding.
We operate Monday through Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. EST. We hire for both full-time (40hrs/week) and part-time positions. For part-time positions you must be available 4 hours a day, 5 days a week (the more the better). Shifts are broken into 2- to 5-hour blocks and are scheduled based on the business needs of Smith.ai and its clients, as well as your availability.
- Answering calls and/or web chats for a variety of different businesses and professionals.
- Taking messages, screening new clients, booking appointments, collecting payments, and transferring calls
- Understanding caller needs and providing business information
- Being part of a team and contributing to continued excellence
- Great work ethic and professional demeanor
- Prior receptionist or call answering experience
- Ability to follow instructions and clearly summarize details
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Great communication skills and positive attitude
- Desktop or laptop computer with Google Chrome browser installed
- Reliable broadband internet connection. Must have a less than 50 ms ping, greater than 10 Mbps download and greater than 3 Mbps upload
- Strong typing skills: at minimum 40 wpm with 100% accuracy
- Call answering only: a quiet environment for answering calls, plus headset with a microphone arm attached
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers an hourly rate. Our starting, entry-level rate is $10 per hour ($11 per hour for bilingual agents) and we pay weekly. Periodic raises are given based on performance and longevity with the company.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plans
- Cash bonuses
- Paid training
We invest in our team members and support their growth towards career advancement in both client-support and management roles as their experience grows.