Human Resources Operations Specialist
Saint Joseph’s University
Human Resources Operations Specialist
The HR Operations Specialist serves as the initial point of contact for HRIS service requests through team dynamix and supports the Systems and Compensation team in daily operations. In addition, the position supports data reporting and integrity and the data analysis process. This position supports the implementation and operation of HR information systems and collaborates with constituents to configure the systems, implement new functionality, and support data analytics needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for team dynamix service requests
- Support the daily operation of Workday HCM HR Information System, provide end-user support forsystem functionality, provide guidance and other support to end-users
- Provide guidance and expertise on HR reporting needs. Write, generate and maintain reports and metrics. As directed, generate routine as well as complex ad-hoc reports and metrics.
- Implement and perform data audits to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for operational excellence to maximize process and systemsefficiencies.
- Support a variety of projects, including compensation program design, analysis, budgeting, implementation of new programs.
- Create new position records and manage overall position control as directed by the Director and Associate Director.
- Process employment and personnel changes as they occur, including updating position and job records
- Collect and Compile HR data and metrics including surveys, exit interviews, employment records, competitor practices, and other sources.
- Ensure compliance with; data confidentiality, best practices, end-user access & security, and dataintegrity
- Create reports to support HR operation and audit needs
- Coordinate HRIS data control points with Payroll, Employment, Benefits and Budget offices.
- Assist the Director, Compensation & HR Systems in Workday testing activities in the Sandbox.
- Prepare annual updates to the Workforce Diversity Plan.
- Manage HR personnel records/files in compliance with the University’s Records Retention Policy.
- Manage and create forms/workflows in WorkDay that support all areas in the Human Resources office.
- Support the planning and facilitation of HR-sponsored events
- With the HR Campus Partners, provides back up support to all areas of HR including general
coordination of the front desk.
- Serve on University committees as requested by the CHRO.
- Serves as the backup to the employment and onboarding areas
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Visual acuity to the level of being able to read computer screen and perform data entry.
- Need to be able to use a keyboard (minimally partial manual dexterity).
- Some overtime hours may be required during the peak times
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative support role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mastery of intermediate skill level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet search
- Proficiency in Access, Banner, and/or other specialized software
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. grammar, vocabulary) to be applied to telephone communications and to written communications such as email, letters, memos, etc.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Experience in a Human Resources functional role
- Experience with Ellucian Banner enterprise system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Cognos or other BI reporting tools
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/19284.
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.