Roeslein & Associates, Inc., is a leading engineering, fabrication, and construction services company that specializes in total systems integration- with a modular approach. We plan, design, fabricate, preassemble, ship & reassemble our projects in pieces that fit easily together. The project scope can vary from an entire can plant in a building to a 4x8 single skid that is integrated on site with existing systems. This approach is safer, more efficient, results in higher quality, and is more economical. Roeslein currently holds 85% of the market share in the container manufacturing industry and we work with many of our original clients from 25 years ago.
We currently have locations is St. Louis, MO (HQ), Red Bud, IL, Denver, CO, Birmingham, United Kingdom, and Shanghai, China and employ over 400 employees.
Reporting to the Group Supervisor, this position will be responsible for building panels in a safe and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and troubleshoot electrical systems including, but not limited to control panels, control stations, and junction boxes.
- Wire from schematics and building industrial control enclosures.
- Tap and drill panels and enclosures, mount buttons, and A/C.
- Interpret data from electrical and mechanical diagrams and schematics.
- Use electrical test equipment, schematics and technical manuals.
- May require domestic or international travel on a limited basis.
- Utilize lean manufacturing techniques and programs.
- Exceptional attendance.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Responsible for area housekeeping.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, lift, push, pull, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 60 pounds occasionally, 35 pounds frequently, and 10 pounds constantly. Must be able to stand 80% of the time and walk 20% of the time.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is strongly preferred.
- Associates Degree in Electrical, Control Systems Technology, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- At least two (2) years of panel building experience is required.
- Ability to read blue prints, line and schematic drawings, and ladder logic is required.
- High Voltage AC and Low Voltage DS experience is required.
- Strong math skills are required.
- Experience with hand held tools and assembling parts is required.
- Must be able to meet the standards for a Qualified Person under OSHA 29CFR1910 once training is provided.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management, in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, frequent and mandatory overtime, weekends, and some holidays are required.
- Must comply with Roeslein’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.