Registered Nurse, ICU
Under the general supervision of the Director/Nurse Manager or Clinical Coordinator, the RN is responsible for the provision of nursing care as appropriate to the ages of the patients served. The RN through team nursing and the multidisciplinary team assesses, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the plan of care. The RN monitors the plan of care to ensure quality, appropriateness, and effectiveness of the care rendered.
- Perform physical and psychosocial assessment including growth and development of the patient, and indicated re-assessment within defined timeframes.
- Administer medications and infusion therapy.
- Team Leading & Coordination of Care: Initiates the care plan and plans daily care with the team, patient, and family. Coordinates care with multidisciplinary team members to meet patient's educational and discharge planning needs.
- Appropriately supervises and delegates tasks to team members, including LPNs and NAs.
- Utilizing critical thinking skills, implements direct patient care and treatments, as demonstrated by follow through and use of appropriate intervention