Rail Operations and Logistics Coordinator
Position: Rail Operations and Logistics Coordinator
We are seeking a Rail Operations & Logistics Coordinator located in our St. Louis office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and organize all tenant rail order requests and place equipment orders with the applicable railroads.
- Monitor equipment orders to track and report movement, identifying any issues and working to resolve them quickly.
- Maintain a high level of customer focus.
- Communicate effectively with operations daily on loading and unloading schedules, including short-term and long-term outlook.
- Learn rail interface program, create rail shipping patterns and provide operations with proper billing instructions for tenant orders, with acute attention to detail.
- Troubleshoot rail billing problems with railroads and see through to resolution.
- Collect information on inbound barges and update daily tracking.
- Record rail shipments and barge receipts in inventory and take initiative to interpret and analyze data to report inventory.
- Analyze demurrage invoices to ensure accuracy, code, forward to A/P for payment and invoice tenants for any collectible charges.
- Apply the proper sense of urgency and good decision-making skills to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Work in a team environment and develop relationships across the business to seek the best knowledge and to collaborate, develop, and implement service, process and cost solutions that generate efficiency.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field (business, agribusiness, supply chain) OR equivalent experience
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
This position will be expected to work from the office daily and is based in St. Louis, MO.
Benefits include competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan.
Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org