Business and Data Analyst
NYC OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER JOB VACANCY NOTICE
New York City Comptroller’s Bureau of Asset Management (BAM) manages a $275B multi-asset class investment portfolio that provides investment services to five separate pension funds. BAM is currently recruiting for a Business and Data Analyst who has experience in using technology tools in a financial services environment to streamline and integrate activities within Asset Management and with outside service providers.
The position resides in the business unit and will support the use and distribution of technology for the operations and investment staff within BAM and will also be responsible for supporting technology implementations (examples include a portfolio reporting/reconciliation platform and a CRM), participating in and/or lead efforts in defining new technology requirements and leveraging existing technology (e.g. data warehouse) to improve the operational capabilities of BAM.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Leverage technology (e.g. data warehouse, risk platform, portfolio and risk reporting platforms) to improve processes in support of investment activities;
• Implement technology solutions such as OCR and reconciliation capabilities to drive process improvement and data standardization;
• Analyze, design, develop, test and support custom applications in a variety of environments;
• Leverage tools (e.g. SQL) to eliminate manual tasks and allow for focusing on higher value operational activities;
• Work with area managers to identify functions which will benefit from the application of technology solutions and implement those solutions and/or make recommendations for alternatives;
• Document process flows and technology solutions;
• Perform user acceptance testing for technology implementations;
• Research and evaluate software related technologies and projects (e.g. portfolio reporting platforms); and,
• Perform other related job functions and assignments as may be required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. BA/BS degree from an accredited college in computer science, business, engineering, or a closely related field, and three (3) or more years of progressively responsible professional experience as business analyst/data analyst implementing complex IT initiatives and/or process reengineering using automation tools, preferably in the Financial Services/Asset Management; or,
2. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" above.
PREFERRED SKILLS IN ADDITION TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Clearly demonstrated experience as a business/data analyst working with financial and investment technology tools with a focus on process reengineering through the use of automation tools;
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and querying data in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is a must;
• Proficiency in Data Modelling;
• Ability to work in a team environment, plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously; and,
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively with end-users.
TO APPLY, GO TO: Employment Opportunities at www.comptroller.nyc.gov
Note: We appreciate every applicant’s interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Certain residency requirements may apply. Under Executive Order 75, all new City employees are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements. Vacancy notices listed as “Until Filled” will be posted for at least five work days.
March 24, 2022 POST UNTIL:
Until Filled JVN: 015/022/064
The NYC Comptroller’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer