Student Life Involvement Coordinator
Classification: MnSCU Academic Professional 2
Salary Range: Annually from $47,899 to $69,530 *Salary placement is dependent on education and experience
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will serve as the primary staff member responsible for overseeing the Student Life Mentorship program, including developing relationships internally and externally, managing budgets, developing research-based programming, and assessing student outcomes. They will assist in developing and executing a diverse and student-responsive programmatic calendar. They will serve as a key student resource through the assigned student departmental model, in addition to serving as a club advisor when needed. They will also oversee and manage the campus Meditation Room. This position will have a direct impact on campus student retention and the creation of an inclusive campus environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in higher education, including graduate assistantships
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to use judgement in situations involving confidentiality or crisis situations
- Experience working with underrepresented populations providing culturally responsive support to students of color, first-generation students, and Pell eligible students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of racial equity and intercultural competence.
- Experience planning events and educational programs for a diverse student body
- Knowledge and experience in applying student development theory in working with student populations
Preferred Qualifications (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Counseling, Higher Education, or other related field
- 1-2 years in Student Life, Student Affairs, Residential Life, or Academic Affairs program development
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Experience serving as a coordinator for student programming
- Fluency in Somali, Arabic or Spanish
- On-going professional development in intercultural competence and equity
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and projects and prioritize as needed
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow and learn and advance all the while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students to learn.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale offers a comprehensive benefits package including low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; generous vacation and sick leave as well as 11 paid holidays each year; employer-paid life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; and tax-deferred compensation. Additional benefits include tuition waivers available for employees and certain dependents, once qualifying criteria are met, relocation reimbursement up to $750 and many professional development opportunities.
For information on benefits, visit SEGIP’s website SEGIP. This position is also part of Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE). The collective bargaining agreement outlines many additional benefits provided.
For more information on retirement benefits, please view the retirement brochure through MMB.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The college is committed to honoring human differences. We expect and foster tolerance of different values and ideas. We are committed to the principle that all individuals are to be treated with equality and dignity.
We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at 952.358.8269 or email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
The vacancy is posted on-line from June 29, 2022 to July 19, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit your online application and supporting information to: https://normandale.peopleadmin.com/postings/1803
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how your qualifications align with the requirements of this position;
- Upload (attach) current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
An offer for this position may be contingent upon the completion of a background check.