FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 527137 # of Positions 1
Business Title WEBSPHERE ADMINISTRATOR
Civil Service Title IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Title Code No 95714 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $120,000.00 - $128,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit OPS/HRP Technical Services
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a WebSphere Administrator to support ongoing production maintenance and phased rollout implementation of the HR, Benefits, and Timekeeping functions of HR/Payroll systems.
Primary Responsibilities include:
This role will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance, and configuration of our Middleware infrastructure (IBM WebSphere, MQ, and Cognos). Additional responsibilities include supporting the agency's java based web interface tool that allows for on-demand and scheduled builds and deployments of Java application code base. Tasks will include the set-up, maintenance, and ongoing development of the continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) infrastructure. This person will also support the infrastructure of critical citywide applications, as well as function as one of the technical administrators for the group.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2"
- 5+ years' experience of Middleware Administration, specifically in Websphere Application Server on Linux or UNIX based platforms
- Experience in administration of other associated middleware products like IBM MQ, IBM HTTPServer, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, Oracle WebLogic, Cognos
- 3+ years' Experience in analysis, design and development of Enterprise Java applications preferred, including experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Java, J2EE, XML, and related technologies
- Experience in performing all functions of computer programming, using standard design and programming techniques; developing Enterprise Java based solutions
- Experience in understanding and debugging Java errors
- Good understanding of relational database concepts and experience in SQL
- Proven track record with Cl/CD tools
- Demonstrating experience with DevOps and related tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Configuring, deploying, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Perform Middleware Application upgrades and patch installations
- Ability to perform detailed Root Cause Analysis of problems
- Ability to work well with your manager and staff from other departments, agencies, and technical support teams
- Ability to clearly document and explain symptoms and solutions to complex problems
- Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide status updates required
- Ability to work to quickly learn new applications and resolve issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Has the ability to be self-motivated and find answers on his/her own
- Ability to support 24x7 and be able to work nights/weekends as required
- Previous experience working with an enterprise wide, large scale environment
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 527137. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POSTING DATE 03/31/2022 POST UNTIL Until Filled
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer