Job Administration/Production Control Technician
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 557152 # of Positions. 1
Business Title JOB ADMINISTRATION/PRODUCTION CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Civil Service Title IT AUTOMATION AND MONITORING E
Title Code No 95712 Level 00
Title Classification Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range $ 75,000.00 -$ 80,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit Ops/Oper Sup Job Admin Sft C
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a Job Administration/Production Control Technician reporting to the night shift supervisor. This position is responsible for monitoring job flows controlled by the CA Workload Automation DE (dSeries) scheduling system. The jobs being run execute on either a z/OS mainframe, UNIX or PeopleSoft server. The position preferably requires knowledge of tools and utilities that run under z/OS, PeopleSoft, and/ or UNIX. The technician must be able to respond quickly to job failures by determining the general cause of the problem and contacting the appropriate on-call staff member for remediation. The candidate will also be required to occasionally migrate software to the production and/or test environments. Other duties included documenting problems, setting up job flow dependencies, and executing/troubleshooting test flows.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Extensive experience working in Production Control with mainframe or mid-range computer.
• Familiarity with establishing job dependencies.
• Experience troubleshooting JCL errors, using GDGs, and utilities such as File-AID and IDCAMS.
• Knowledge of CA Workload Automation DE or similar enterprise scheduling package.
• Knowledge of z/OS JCL and TSO/ISPF.
• Experience with mainframe compile, link, and bind procedures.
• Familiarity with file transfer protocols such as FTPS and/or Connect:Direct.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
• Knowledge of IMS, DB2.
• Knowledge of UNIX.
• Knowledge of PUTTY, WinSCP.
• Familiarity with Rational Tools (ClearQuest and ClearCase).
• Familiarity with MS-Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft People Tools (Process Monitor).
• 3 - 5 years of related scheduling experience with a Windows-based scheduling system.
• 5 years’ experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
• 5 years of experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 557152. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
This position is a 3-night work week, 7:30 PM until 8:00 AM the next morning, including weekends and holidays. The nights worked will rotate on a 4 week predetermined schedule (4 weeks Mon thru Wed nights then 4 weeks Thu thru Sat nights.)
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.