FORKLIFT DRIVERS NEEDED!
Nascote Industries has immediate openings for experienced forklift drivers.
- Responsible for moving racks of product and hardware (and anything else that must be moved with a forklift) from one designated area to another for the assigned department, while keeping up with the speed of production.
- Receives and ships materials that are vital to supply both internal and external customers, maintains the accuracy of customer requirements throughout the shipping process and performs clerical duties in completing paperwork and requirements (as required).
- Moves racks containing product and / or bucks and fixtures to and from production processes and the storage warehouse, while keeping up with the speed of production.
- Reads and follows the schedule for racks to be shipped.
- Ensures all racks are tagged for proper part and procedure identification.
- Operates standard office equipment, including Personal Computers and Bar Code Scanning Equipment.
- Communicates relevant information to other departments.
- Identifies and tags bad racks.
- Stores and ships parts on a First-in, First-out basis (FIFO).
- Maintains the integrity of the Warehouse Management System.
- Scans ALL rack movements with Scanning Equipment.
- Stages loads for shipment (as required)
- Inspect and report any damage to trailers prior to loading (as required)
- Loads and unloads trailers per schedule (as required)
- Receives materials and disperses them to proper area as required (as required)
- Transfers parts from rack to rack as required, creating or combining partial racks (as required)
- Ships to and updates customer load sheet requirements (as required)
- Follows Receiving Procedure upon absence of Clerk (as required)
- Maintains a clean and safe work area per 5S.
- Sets up hardware for area as needed or required.
- Refuels forklift following approved procedures.
- Visually inspects the forklift prior to operation using the approved maintenance check off sheet.
- Obeys all safety rules and procedures and uses extreme caution to ensure safety of pedestrians.
- Perform inventory/cycle counts as needed.
- Set up dunnage for racks and cover totes for operators, and help operators rack parts.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and works overtime as required.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Completes documentation of activities as required.
- Submits cost reduction and Innovation ideas.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Required: Must have proven experience or a forklift operator's license.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Knowledge of dock locks and dock plate set-up.
- May be required to be Dock Certified by Safety, depending on work area.
- Must work well with others. Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must have good math skills.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
May consist of working the production line as well (Labor Pool). BCBS Insurance, Vision, Dental, 401k with matching, vacation, paid holidays & more!