Nascote Industries Nashville, IL Full-time Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Posted on August 3, 2022
- Moves racks containing product and / or bucks and fixtures to and from production processes and the storage warehouse, while keeping up with the speed of production.
- Reads and follows the schedule for racks to be shipped.
- Ensures all racks are tagged for proper part and procedure identification.
- Operates standard office equipment, including Personal Computers and Bar Code Scanning Equipment.
- Communicates relevant information to other departments.
- Identifies and tags bad racks.
- Stores and ships parts on a First-in, First-out basis (FIFO).
- Maintains the integrity of the Warehouse Management System.
- Scans ALL rack movements with Scanning Equipment.
- Stages loads for shipment (as required)
- Inspect and report any damage to trailers prior to loading (as required)
- Loads and unloads trailers per schedule (as required)
- Receives materials and disperses them to proper area as required (as required)
- Transfers parts from rack to rack as required, creating or combining partial racks (as required)
- Ships to and updates customer load sheet requirements (as required)
- Follows Receiving Procedure upon absence of Clerk (as required)
- Maintains a clean and safe work area per 5S.
- Sets up hardware for area as needed or required.
- Refuels forklift following approved procedures.
- Visually inspects the forklift prior to operation using the approved maintenance check off sheet.
- Obeys all safety rules and procedures and uses extreme caution to ensure safety of pedestrians.
- Perform inventory/cycle counts as needed.
- Set up dunnage for racks and cover totes for operators, and help operators rack parts.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record and works overtime as required.
- Participates in department meetings.
- Completes documentation of activities as required.
- Submits cost reduction and Innovation ideas.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Required: Must have proven forklift experience in a production environment.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Knowledge of dock locks and dock plate set-up.
- Must work well with others. Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must have good math skills.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.