Accountant / Business Analyst - Reference Job #: 184-08Madison Communications
Accountant / Business Analyst
Who we are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are a premier provider of data, voice and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
Performs intermediate level accounting functions and business and data analytic functions in support of various Company departments, including Finance, Regulatory, Operations, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing. Prepares analyses and reports for the management team. Communicates across all Company departments and employee levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a variety of accounting functions, including account reconciliations, workpaper preparation and analysis.
- Assists with the capital asset work order, retirement and depreciation process, including preparation of supporting workpapers, journal entries and continuous property records.
- Prepares a variety of management (“dashboard”) reports, correspondence, and presentations by running reports from Billing/Operational Support systems; typing and formatting documents using word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphic programs; and analyzing and interpreting data.
- Performs a variety of customer billing activities, including accounting management of the monthly subscriber billing process, performing revenue assurance and reconciliation processes, running reports/queries and facilitating systems integration and efficiencies throughout the Company. Also, assists with or cross-trained on the monthly Carrier Access Billing (CABS) process.
- Assists with various Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Universal Service Administration Company (USAC) and Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) regulatory reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Employee should have an excellent attitude and personality with a desire to learn and expand his/her horizons by working for a progressive telecommunications company.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal) a plus; employee may supervise clerical activities.
- Acquired knowledge of Company policies/procedures, products and services and billing/operational support systems.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, various software programs (especially Microsoft products), ten key adding machine, copier, fax, and telephone system.
- Skill in reading, analyzing and interpreting accounting, statistical and financial data. TaBleau data visualization software experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
Madison values intellectually curious-minded professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills to support an independent, family-owned business in expansion opportunities and partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above. Salary will be based on experience, skill level and education for the target position. Madison offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance; company paid 401k program; company paid holidays; paid sick and personal time-off; and educational reimbursement. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
- Employment Type Full-Time
- Job Type Accountant / Business Analyst
- Education Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other business field
- Reports To Director of Regulatory & Finance
- Manages Others No
- Industry Communications, Video and Data Services (experience a plus)
- Required Travel Minimal
- Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
- Email Us email@example.com
- Reference Job #: 184-08