HEAD OF MAINTENANCELebanon School District #9
TITLE: HEAD OF MAINTENANCE
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Certification of good health signed by a licensed physician.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of
electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry, grounds maintenance, HVAC and plumbing
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completed of the tasks assigned.
- Ability to read basic operating instructions and write reports.
- Five years maintenance experience or equivalent work and/or maintenance
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent and Principals
JOB GOAL: To keep the districts’ equipment and building and grounds in a state of operating excellence so that there are limited interruptions to the educational process and all students and staff are safe.
- Promotes high standards of safety and good housekeeping methods in all work connected areas.
- Works with all principals on duties and responsibilities of staff for each building.
- Performs general building maintenance.
- Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Sets up and performs a system for keeping records of maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Performs the diagnosing and repair of all electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for contacting proper service or repair personnel to repair any equipment that is unable to be serviced or repaired by staff.
- Perform regular safety inspections on boilers, doors, emergency lights, fire extinguishers, and playground equipment.
- Documents work projects and completion of projects in each building.
- Maintains all district vehicles with the exception of the district school busses.
- Directs and evaluates custodial staff on the cleanliness of each building.
- Reports to the Superintendent the maintenance requirements of all buildings.
- Other duties as assigned by the building principal or superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 MONTHS, SALARY TO BE ESTABLISHED BY BOARD
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Principals and Superintendent.