Certified Nurse Assistant Program Coordinator
Classification Professional/Managerial, Exempt
Employment Status: Regular, Full-time, 12-months Flexible schedule required, including evenings and weekends as required.
Deadline: Until Filled
Type: Full Time
The Certified Nurse Assistant Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course offerings at the main campus and educational centers. The coordinator assures that all regulatory and accrediting (Illinois Community College Board and Illinois Department of Public Health) requirements are met in the training courses. Coordinator also teaches assigned courses in CNA program which include one course section per term Fall, Spring, Summer.
The Certified Nurse Assistant Program Coordinator reports to the Dean of Nursing, who reports to the Vice President of Instructional Services, who reports to the College President.
Qualifications for Position
- Current active Illinois registered nursing license.
- Associates degree in Nursing (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Successful completion of Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Train the Trainer course and ability to teach CNA courses.
- Proficiency in organizing and planning
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to teamwork, process leadership, and consensus decision making.
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Commitment to the community college mission and philosophy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Coordinate Certified Nurse Assistant class offerings each semester to meet the needs of students in the college district.
- Coordinate clinical schedules to assure students participate in state mandated number of hours of clinical learning.
- Review instructor schedules to assure that they meeting IDPH hour requirements and give recommendation to instructors as needed.
- Assist in recruiting new instructors for the CNA courses.
- Teach assigned classes in the CNA program – one section per term for a total of three sections per year
- Orient new instructors in duties required to teach CNA courses.
- Mentor new instructors in acceptance of new duties.
- Remain current and knowledgeable and implement any new processes that are required from IDPH – such as fingerprint background checks.
- Provide instruction to all CNA teachers regarding new IDPH processes.
- Monitor supplies/equipment and order new as required to properly educate students.
- Assist Dean in development of new programs as needed.
- Submit all IDPH required paperwork and assure that other instructors submit as required.
- Provide recommendation to Dean of Nursing for annual update of student handbooks.
- Make recommendation to Dean of Nursing for policies and procedures designed to improve CNA courses.
- Make recommendations and assist the Dean of Nursing in annual budget requests.
- Participation at college events and activities throughout the year is an expectation of this position. Further, College personnel are encouraged, as a member of the KC family, to support the many organizations within the institution serving our students and the district.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervise adjunct Instructors and any student workers assigned to area.
Carry out assigned duties independently and with minimum supervision. Consultation with Dean of Nursing available as needed.
Expected to follow all College policies and procedures as well as all local, state, and federal laws. Also expected to adhere to and foster development of Kaskaskia College core values of compassion, honesty, respect, responsibility and fairness.
Position will have daily contact with students, healthcare facilities and external agencies, and College faculty and staff on a daily basis.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work performed in either a classroom setting or at clinical sites, subject to frequent distractions and interruptions. Extensive travel required. Flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends required.
VACATION LEAVE 1.83 days per month, for a total of 22 days per fiscal year. For grant-funded employees, vacation time must be used in the year that it is earned.
SICK LEAVE 12 days per fiscal year
PERSONAL LEAVE 3 days per fiscal year
PAID HOLIDAYS Minimum of 13 paid holidays per year
HEALTH INSURANCE is effective the first day of the month after hire date and includes comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage.
Rates effective 9/1/19:
$163.00 per month employee only coverage
$265.00 per month employee plus one
$295.00 per month employee plus family
Provider is Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois.
LIFE INSURANCE is provided by the College and is effective the first day of the month after hire date. The benefit amount is equal to annual salary. Additional voluntary insurance is available at employee’s expense.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT and 403(b) PLANS are also available.
The State Universities Retirement System requires that 8% of an employee’s monthly gross pay is deducted for individual retirement purposes.
It is also required that .5% of an employee’s monthly gross pay be deducted to fund the College Insurance Plan for Community College Retirees.
TUITION WAIVERS are available for staff and family.
CHILD CARE and BOOKSTORE DISCOUNT available