Claims Service RepresentativeGEICO
Insurance Claims Service Representative
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- Federal Credit Union
Salary: $17.87/ hr
$36,000- $39,549 / year
4 year degree can start at $40,000 / year
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we’re looking for an Insurance Claims Service Representative to start a GEICO career in Buffalo, NY. As an Insurance Claims Service Representative in a fast-paced call center environment where no two days are alike, you will be the first point of contact for customers involved in accidents.
At GEICO, it’s not just a job, it’s growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as an Insurance Claims Service Representative can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- Our GEICO Insurance Claims Service Representatives earn an average two promotions within the first three years of employment
- First five to six years of your career are mapped out for you with multiple promotional opportunities
- Advance your career and become a lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
“I value the coaching and mentoring I have received to progress in my career at GEICO.” Razan A., GEICO Associate since 2013
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. Using your critical thinking and customer service skills, you will:
- Verify accident facts, determine policy coverage, and review insurance contracts
- Interact internally with GEICO departments and externally engage with claimants, body shops, medical providers, attorneys, outside field adjusters and other insurance companies
- Assist in settling claims where there are no injuries and all parties agrees to the accident details or escalate the claim when liability is in question or injuries are present
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good customer service skills or prior experience
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail with time management and decision-making skills but also described as someone with high energy and success-driven
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
As a full-time GEICO associate, you’ll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits including PAID parental leave.
We said it’s more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change.
About our location:
This position is based in Getzville, NY (a suburb of Buffalo, NY).
Government Employees Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. Government Employees Insurance Company conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.