Operations SupervisorFW Warehousing
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating warehouse activities such as shipping and receiving, maintaining an open dialogue with customers, storing, maintaining inventory levels, ordering, supervising employees and reporting any issues to management. This will be a working Supervisor role. From time to time you will be loading and unloading trucks.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported unusable, slow moving, and excess stock
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and ISO procedures
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates
- Assists in maintaining the physical properties of the warehouse
- Trains employees on all aspects of their job within operation
- Prepares work schedules and reacts quickly and effectively regarding unexpectel labor needs
- Manages labor hours and payroll in electronic timekeeping system
- Supervises employees in Operations in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Supervises employees including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training
- Experience with warehouse equipment
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk,
use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and may occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. EOE