Dispatcher/Fleet ManagerFW TRUCKING
The Dispatcher/Fleet Manager is responsible for routing CDL A truck drivers to job locations in a timely manner.
· Dispatches all jobs in a timely manner to ensure customer’s satisfaction
· Knowledge and understanding of DOT laws and guidelines
· Coordinating and managing the delivery of ground-transported cargo.
· Provides customers with accurate and timely information regarding pick-ups and deliveries
· Monitors and sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
· Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the day
· Other duties as required and assigned
· Experience with Intermodal Container Industry a plus.
· Able to dispatch 20 – 25 drivers daily.
· Able to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Basic computer skills are necessary, experience with Profit Tools is a plus.
· Knowledge of MS Outlook and Excel.
· Solid attention to detail.
· Flexibility to work as needed.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
· 3-5 years related experience
· Excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language to ensure drivers understand their instructions
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
1The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
2 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.