Program Associate (Biomedical Sciences - Medicine)
Job Posting Title: Program Associate (Biomedical Sciences - Medicine)
Department: Department of Biomedical Sciences - College of Medicine
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
How To Apply
If qualified and interested, apply to Job ID# 54192 at https://jobs.fsu.edu by Deadline Date: 3/31/2023
Position provides administrative support for the Department of Biomedical Sciences, including, but not limited to: coordinating meetings, sending invitations and announcements for departmental events, renewal of faculty memberships, and assisting with faculty schedules. Serves as a travel representative for the department. Processes and submits all travel authorizations, gathers documentation, and submits travel reimbursements. Makes all necessary travel arrangements to include hotel, flights, car rentals, etc. for faculty and staff for the department in accordance with the Florida State University policies and procedures ensuring travel arrangements and reimbursements are processed in a timely manner. Ensures proper signature, filing, and distribution of all travel documents.
Provides direct assistance to Scientific Research Specialist in the processing of all purchase orders ensuring all documents are prepared, distributed, and processed by deadlines. Responsible for preparing, compiling, and maintaining accurate records used to track purchasing activity. Responsible for procurement of office supplies, tracking delivery of items, submission of documentation for payment and delivery, which requires position incumbent to be able to move items up to 25 pounds. Ensures proper signature, filing, and distribution of purchasing documents. Responsible for departmental p-card assuring each purchase is in compliance with rules regarding P-card usage. Assists with the departmental budget and record-keeping process, to include: preparing, compiling, and maintaining foundation expenditures, startup funds, grant expenditures and other budgetary information for the department. Alerts Scientific Research Specialist of any trends or concerns that become apparent from the record-keeping process. Ensures accuracy of purchasing and travel documentation. Assists Program Manager and Scientific Research Specialist with annual budgeting process by compiling requests, generating expenditure reports and providing input for future recommendations.
Compiles and distributes departmental newsletter, seminar notices, and other departmental publications. Works closely with COM Public Affairs and Communications to announce departmental awards, faculty publications, and grants.
Promotes an atmosphere of teamwork in accomplishing the mission and goals of the department to include participating in the delivery of administrative support services for special projects in meeting key departmental deadlines. Preforms other related duties as required to assure the efficient operation of the office, including but not limited to: providing back-up assistance to support staff in the department in their absence or during peak work times, assisting with event set-up and break down, and running occasional errands such as providing transportation for even speakers on behalf of the College, requiring the operation of a motor vehicle. May require work outside of standard business hours (M-F 8am-5pm).
High school diploma/equivalency and four years of experience. (Post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Experience in demonstrating effective customer service skills.
- Experience in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in performing accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Experience in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budget information.
- Experience in understanding and following written and oral instructions.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word or equivalent software.
- Experience in maintaining accurate records and retrieving files from active or archive sources. Basic filing practices to include numeric and alphabetic systems.
- Ability to move up to 25 pounds as required of the position, with assistive equipment if needed.
- Valid Florida or Georgia Driver's License, or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Experience in making purchasing decisions based on independent research and judgment.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of electronic data processing as it applies to purchasing activities.
- Knowledge of purchasing, procurement, budgeting, and administrative management.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and etiquette.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.