Social Media Specialist - 530571
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Social Media Specialist – 530571
Assists in the execution of day-to-day social media responsibilities by creating and posting content, monitoring comments, and interactions and assisting with social media campaigns.
- Assists in the execution of day-to-day social media responsibilities.
- Collaborates with other divisions, editorial and content teams to find and curate content by monitoring their feeds and attending content planning meetings.
- Tracks content trends and offers suggestions on how and why FIU can strategically leverage.
- Coordinates content creation needs, secures locations, assets, and necessary personnel for shoots.
- Organizes content calendar and follows up with content owners for timely publishing.
- Creates, edits, and optimizes digital promotion collateral for social platforms as needed in graphic, video, and sound formats.
- Attends events as needed to assist in content creation.
- Helps perform social media audits and generate performance reports on a recurring basis.
- Engages by providing customer service either via comments or DM's by answering questions and connecting to the right resources or staff. Identifies common questions and helps create content to best answer them.
- Provides guidance to university social media communicators and enacts the social media policy.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervise or from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field and one (1) year of experience working with social media in a communications, marketing, or public relations setting.
- Experience and/or knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience in creating social media content.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Operating University Vehicles (all types)
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Travel to FIU Campus
- Ability to travel locally
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID #530571
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.