Program Specialist - 527338
Program Specialist - 527338
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Specialist to join our team of professionals.
Please note that this job is located at the Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC).
- Assists the Green Family Foundation (GFF) NeighborhoodHELP courses by providing the inter-professional faculty and student teams status reports and key updates on their assigned households and communities.
- Travels between the Biscayne Bay Campus and the communities to implement the program's goals and objectives and documents and submits travel expenses, such as mileage, according to FIU policies and procedures.
- Assesses eligibility of households through one-on-one interviews in the home; provides updated information on resources, such as the Mobile Health Center; and enters visit information and the results in the electronic record system.
- Identifies the social and medical issues of enrolled household members; provides and documents needed referrals and follow-up; and motivates households to remain in the program by contacting them every month or every other month depending on applicable protocol
- Documents all outreach household interactions and attempted contacts in the electronic record system to communicate with faculty and student teams.
- Responds to and closes the loop on telephonic and electronic communications related to outreach activities, including internal and external requests for services and information, and addressing urgent household and community issues with supervisor.
- Schedules household visits and maintains outreach calendar.
- Assists with the implementation of strategies aimed at recruiting
- households for GFF NeighborhoodHELP.
- Provides updates on household visits, community events, and outreach activities to the Scheduling Office, Mobile Health Center, Community Advisory Teams, and community partners.
- Participates in community events, such as health fairs to recruit households and provide community service.
- Works with diverse communities that speak English, Spanish or Haitian Creole.
- Works with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons while performing their job function of household outreach.
- Performs other related duties are required or as directed. The omission of specific duties do not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of office or related experience coordinating functions of an office or department.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu, select “Prospective Employees” and reference job opening ID 527338. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.