Clinical Staff Manager
Clinical Staff Manager
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical Staff Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Recruits, trains, mentors, and manages the clinical support staff including but not limited to medical assistants for the FIU Health Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC) practice. Prepares employee work schedule to ensure adequate staffing levels. Monitors employee productivity and serves as back-up to staff as necessary. Provides coverage as needed.
- Proactively seeks answers and solutions to inquiries; provides information and serves as a resource to patients, personnel, business associates and the public. Ensure a high level of customer service and serves as a resource for problem resolution. Responds calmly to emergency situations with the objective of maintaining a safe environment.
- Strategizes and develops goals for clinical support staff. Assists in planning and implementing clinical procedures and services for the clinic.
- Monitors service quality, management of patient flow and process improvement, continuously evaluating the quality of service provided and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Conducts audits to ensure quality care and staff productivity.
- Works collaboratively with Manager of Patient Client Access to reduce risk, and increase quality of care and patient safety.
- Maintain adequate inventory of medical supplies, forms and printed materials as needed, working within budget.
- Ensures staff compliance with University policies, FIU- Health Care Network (HCN) and departmental procedures, managed care organizations, and regulatory and other agencies and entities governing health care delivery.
- Ensures staff participation in required education programs and appropriate orientation and training courses to maintain competency and any required certifications in job skills, knowledge and equipment.
- Assists in the supervision of verification of insurance eligibility, benefits and coverage limitations for patients based on their insurance carrier. Ensures that pre- certification and/or authorizations are obtained as required by the contracted insurance plans/payers. Provides coverage for prior-authorization and facilitating peer-to-peer reviews as needed.
- Prepares monthly management reports and compile data for special reports or projects, coordinate and follow-up on reports and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field and 5 (five) years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or years of experience.
Previous management and/or supervisory role preferred.
Prior experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) scheduling systems, call center, insurance billing, medical service prior authorization processes and insurance/government programs guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 528547.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.