Alumni Relations Manager (530942)
Alumni Relations Manager
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking an Alumni Relations Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Creates, curates, and develops avenues of communication for all alumni, including website and other electronic initiatives. Leads and manages the development and ongoing updates of multimedia materials and communications for HWCOM medical alumni network events, programs, and initiatives.
- Develop and manage alumni clubs, programs, and online communities, utilizing email campaigns and social media to engage alumni, showcase achievements, and organize sustainable events and activities.
- Conduct data analysis and communications to determine innovative methods for fostering ongoing alumni engagement and connection.
- Collaborating with various departments throughout the university including the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) team in HWCOM to track alum participation and engagement.
- Maintains and updates the HWCOM Medical Alumni Network. Facilitates, plans, and implements medical alumni activities, including reunions, alumni board meetings, homecoming, alumni receptions, and other special events on campus and abroad. Oversees, recruits, trains, and stewards alumni volunteers. Reports on event attendance and impact on medical alumni network initiatives.
- Manages Dean's Alumni Advisory Council by coordinating quarterly meetings, recruiting representatives to sit on council and oversee activities and projects, as indicated in coordination with the office of student affairs.
- The development team plays a central role in handling all foundation and advancement initiatives, with OSA and Development working together proactively to support and enhance the College's mission and vision.
- Promoting alumni engagement activities to students, the community, corporations, foundations, and alumni.
- Creates a national network of Alumni by Hospital and discipline. Creates a strategic philanthropic engagement and fundraising plan for Parents.
- Develops and maintains the current alumni database through lists and records of individual contacts including specialty, licensure, residency training and board certification.
- Leads the Grateful Scholars Alumni initiative that were recipients of merit or financial scholarships. Organize scholars booklets to showcase alumni accomplishments for donor recognition.
- Handles donated funds in the form of checks or negotiable securities. Accesses confidential information regarding gifts and donors. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality of prospect and donor records. Works closely with the FIU Foundation, University Advancement, and HWCOM Finance Officers.
- Serves as the University's credit card user for departmental transactions. Adheres to University's credit card policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Collaborates closely and intentionally with the central Office of Alumni Relations to align strategy and opportunities for alumni engagement.
- Bachelor's degree and four (4) years' experience in higher education, alumni relations, development, event management, or a related field.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 530942.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.