Vice President, Finance and AccountingFCS Financial
Take the next step in your career with FCS Financial, part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, and act on this opportunity to join our top quality agricultural lending institution! FCS is seeking a Senior Leader who empowers and develops their staff and drives for strong results. We are looking for someone who takes initiative, is driven to get things done, delivers high-quality results, is precise, and that can manage multiple priorities. This position serves as the Controller and leads our Financial Operations Team. This position is located at our Central Office in Jefferson City, Missouri.
This position is open until filled.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Director, Financial Accounting Operations; Assistant Director, Financial Accounting Operations; Accounts Payable Specialist
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of accounting practices and methods
- Expert knowledge of accounting software applications
- Expert knowledge of internal controls practices
- Expert knowledge utilizing Excel to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- High level skill in consistently meeting deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory reporting requirements
- Working knowledge utilizing Hyperion for analysis of financial records
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of budgeting process
- Skill in managing, coaching, motivating and developing an accounting team
- Skill in communicating objectives and effectively delegating tasks
- Verbal and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information and influence decisions and actions of subordinates, peers, supervisor and customers
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Expert customer service skills, including the ability to communicate complicated information, deliver bad news effectively, and exceed customer expectations
- Critical thinking skills in analyzing information to judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Positions in this class typically require: fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer screen; and/or extensive reading.