Eaton in Highland, IL is seeking full-time Production Workers.
A general laborer is expected to work in all departments of the manufacturing plant - Weld, Paint, Press, Packing, Shipping, Mill, Layout - doing various manual labor jobs. Some departments are more physically demanding, however, the general laborer should be capable of handling the work in all departments on a daily basis.
- The laborer will occasionally bend, stoop, squat and climb heights, but never crawl. They will frequently crouch kneel, balance and frequently reach above the shoulder level and frequently push and pull.
- The employee will frequently carry up to 10 to 34 pounds and a little less frequently 35-50 pounds. They will carry 51-100 pounds occasionally. Working in the Cable Tray, two production workers may carry a 200 pound ladder together occasionally.
- The employee is required to frequently lift 10 -34 pounds and a little less frequently 35-50 pounds. They will occasionally carry 51-100 pounds. Again, in the Cable Tray business, two production workers may carry a 200 pound ladder together.
- It is not required to operate any equipment that is operated by a foot pedal. The repetitive action of simple grasping, and firm grasping is required, however fine manipulating is not used.
- The employee works around moving machinery, but is not required to operate it. There are NO unprotected heights to work in and the only change in temperature is created by the opening of a dock door.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Highland, IL will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Manufacturing or production experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.