Accounting IIEast St. Louis Housing Authority
Serves as assistant to the Director of Finance performing all functions related to payroll including data collection, verification, check preparation, and payments for taxes and benefits.
Duties includes but not limited to the following: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: GENERAL ACCOUNTING
- Data Entry of all journal vouchers, maintain all journal voucher files.
- Edit and audit Purchase Order invoices for payment.
- Prepare PILOT reports, YEAR END, maintain all files.
- Prepare year end utility consumption report, maintain all files.
- Print weekly AP checks.
- Distribute all Finance incoming mail.
- Process all ACH deposits for AP vendors & Pre-Notes.
- Process ESLHA payroll
- Respond to inquiries from staff and outside agencies.
- Assist with audit preparation and department reviews.
- Process payroll taxes, deductions and other benefits.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting Preferred
- 2+ Accounting Experience
- 3+ Payroll Accounting Experience
- PHA Accounting Preferred
Salary: $35,000 - $38,000.00
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Submit Resume to: HR Department East St Housing Authority 700 North 20th Street East St Louis, IL 62205 You may apply within or apply online at www.eslha.org Other Requirements: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be able to pass a background check. East St. Louis Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.