East Saint Louis School District East St Louis, IL Full-time Education
Posted on September 27, 2021
Substitute Teacher - 2021-2022 SY
- Position Type:
Various School Locations
REQUIREMENTS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Appropriate Illinois Substitute License or Illinois Teaching, Special, or School Service Personnel License required.
- Duties performed typically in school settings to include: classrooms, gymnasium, cafeteria, auditorium, and recreational areas.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting may be required.
- Other physical activities may be required.
- Occasional travel with students on field trips may be necessary.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, noise and hazards.
- Occasional movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be required.
- Regular Instruction to special needs children may be necessary. Daily personal and close contact with children to provide classroom management and learning environment support is required on assigned days.
- Regular contact with other staff members and building administrator(s) is required on assigned days as a substitute.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
Must have an appropriate State of Illinois Substitute Teaching License
In order to be certified as a substitute teacher, applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, submit the required application and fee, and meet all other statutory requirements. Applicants who are interested in obtaining a substitute teaching certificate should submit the following to St. Clair County Regional Office of Education:
- ISBE form 73-03C (Application for Teaching Certificate);
- Application fee
- Official transcripts with a bachelor's degree posted (to be official, transcripts must be submitted in the sealed envelope from the college or university or be sent directly by the institution).
Transcripts received that are not in a sealed envelope from the university or sent directly from the university will be considered unofficial and cannot be used for evaluation purposes.
*Important Note: Once issued, the substitute certificate requires a registration fee per region. As such, the total fee amount requested by your Regional Office of Education at the time of application may be $50. Please ask a representative from the St. Clair County Regional Office of Education what form of fee is acceptable.