Landscape Architect - Advanced - 904854
Landscape Architect – Advanced
East Carolina University
Vacancy #: 904854
Recruitment Range: $42,314 - $83,315
Anticipated Hiring Range: $56,163 - $82,564
Organizational Unit Overview
Facilities Services is a unit in Campus Operations Division, which is a part of a broad, diverse division of Administration and Finance that includes all aspects of facilities management at East Carolina University. East Carolina University is the third largest university in the University of North Carolina system with approximately 28,000 FTS and a staff of over 6,000. The university is comprised of more than 7 million square feet of facilities located on approximately 1400 acres with physical assets in excess of $1.5 billion. This includes the Main, Health Sciences, and West Research Campuses, and satellite locations throughout North Carolina associated with university programs. Facilities Services has an annual budget in excess of $30 million and employs approximately 500 FTE. Major functions include facilities maintenance and housekeeping services.
Facilities Services primary purpose is to plan and perform corrective and preventive maintenance functions on all building structures and equipment and utility infrastructure. Corrective maintenance returns equipment to optimal design performance after failure or upon degradation from age, adverse operation conditions, etc. Preventive maintenance minimizes equipment failures and reduces corrective maintenance.
- Development of in-house projects (landscape, irrigation, lighting, storm water systems, paving, site amenities, etc.) from initial concept to implementation.
- Management of landscape designs created by outside designers.
- Coordination of the landscape portion of large scale design projects.
- Provide guidance for all new buildings and/or renovation projects on campus in regards to Landscape Architecture. Has significant input in the design review process from a planning and operations standpoint. Is integral in the construction of these projects, ensuring methods of installation are appropriate. Inspects construction sites and is involved in final acceptance of the building and site work.
- Assist in the development and management of University Lighting Master Plan as well as input in all site lighting issues on all campuses.
- Development and implementation of design guidelines for both landscape architecture and landscape construction.
- Assistance in management of Grounds Department in daily operations, special events, and various landscape design and installation projects.
- Responsible for ordering materials used in the Grounds Services operation. This list includes chemicals, fertilizers, seed, sod, trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, tools, equipment, etc.
- Serves on numerous campus committees including the sustainability committee.
- Utilization of innovative techniques to help protect the existing landscape during construction projects.
- Provides a resource to academic departments in regards to sustainable practices in landscape architecture.
- Contribution to the Master Plan on landscape, lighting, sustainable practices, pedestrian and vehicular circulation, site amenities, and other various design issues.
- Input on the Repair and Renovation list as well as maintenance of a future projects list.
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment and one year of related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Licensed to practice architecture or landscape architecture by the North Carolina Board of Architecture or the North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
LEED Certification and experience with GIS is desirable.
License or Certification required by the Department
Licensed to practice architecture or landscape architecture by the North Carolina Board of Architecture or the North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information and to apply, Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #904854 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/58211